By Molly Wood, SPHR. SDEA HR Consultant
Effective January 1, 2021, for the first time, California employers with five or more employees will be required to provide unpaid job protected leave under the California Family Rights Act (CFRA) which will require employers to make significant changes to their employee handbooks. Because the law itself is changing, updates will be required for both small employers and those employers with 50 or employees who have already had to comply with the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and CFRA.
- But what about other leaves?
- Are you subject to Civil Air Patrol Leave?
- School and Child Care Activities Leave?
- Training Leave for Emergency Rescue Personnel?
- What about the Organ and Bone Marrow Donation Leave that recently experienced changes and is one leave that is required to be paid by the employer?
SDEA is providing a special offer on reviews of your LOA policies in your handbook. We will let you know what leaves you are obligated to provide, what criteria must be met for employees to be eligible, and what benefits and job protection you are required to maintain.
Review of leave policies only is $250 for members and $300 for non-members.
A complete handbook review is $775 for members and $995 for non-members ($200 additional if your handbook is more than five years old).
Call or email now to get in the queue for your policy review; 858-500-0024 or email us.
The new year is around the corner!